To create an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) please log into our Support Portal.
In order to get warranty support, the product MUST be in warranty. To check warranty status, please see Check Your Warranty Status. Please refer to Western Digital's Warranty Policy for detailed warranty information.
There are two replacement options are available:
A replacement product will be shipped after the defective product has been received.
- Available to End Users and Resellers worldwide
- Maximum of 20 products per request
A replacement product will be shipped before receiving the defective product. In order to use this service, a valid credit card is required. The credit card is used to insure that WD receives the returned product within 30 days from the date the replacement drive was shipped.
Under no circumstances should credit card information be included in an email. If working with our Customer Support personnel to create an Advanced RMA through our email support, that person will get in touch with you over the phone in order to assist in the creation of the Advanced RMA. Never provide credit card information through email!
- Available to End Users and Resellers (in the U.S.A., Canada, and European Union)
- Maximum of 5 requests per day; 1 product per request
- Valid email address and credit card are required
- Credit card will be charged if the returned product is not received within 30 days from the date the replacement product is shipped
Obtaining a Power Supply or USB Cable for a WD Product
If the WD product is no longer in warranty, please visit the WD Store Accessories to purchase a replacement power adapter or USB cable
In case the answer did not answer your question, you can always visit the WD Community for help from WD users.
Please rate the helpfulness of this answer
Answers others found helpful